Thursday, August 25, 2011

Countdown to Candy

Greetings from Murray.
Today I'd like to show you a project that my son and daughter-in-law helped me out with last year.  The idea came from
Their cute "Countdown to Candy" blocks were just calling us to make some.
Aren't these so cute?
To start with you need a 4x4 post.  You'll cut 1 piece 6 inches, then you'll cut 2 pieces roughly 3.5x3.5 inches. Your goal is to make a square out of the 3 pieces. 
Select some really cute Halloween scrapbook paper and MODPODGE each side of the smaller pieces so that all sides are covered.  This takes a while as you want each side to get dry. (Make each side a different piece of paper)
Then using your Cricut (which by the way I think is perhaps the best thing ever invented, my daughter-in-laws say they will fight over it when I am gone, Ha), cut black vinyl numbers 1,2,6,0,7,and8  and put them on the first small block.
Then on the second block cut your vinyl letters, 1,4,3,5,2,0 and place them on.
On the big block using your vinyl cut the words, Countdown to Candy out and use whatever font you like. 
Sand the edges, Stain and let dry.
Add a cute little ribbon and in my case I used a free printable from
Voila, here's how our blocks came out.
We made 4 of them, one for each of my daughter-in-laws, one for my mother, and of course one for me.
We used two different fonts and lots of really cute Halloween scrapbook paper,
What do you think?
cute huh?
Here's hoping everything is well with all of you and let's keep our neighbors on the East coast in our prayers the next few days as Hurricane Irene comes to land.
From Murray,

Monday, August 22, 2011

Fabric Wreath

Greetings from Murray. 
I have a project that I just completed this weekend and would love for you to see.  I used this tutorial, for my flowers and they turned out so cute.
I used 3 different fabrics plus some black burlap.
I used a black and white toile, a gingham, and a stripe.
Then I used that tutorial and started making my flowers.
I then covered a button with the same material to finish off  the flower.
I made some little burlap rosettes by simply rolling them into a flower.
I added some pearl flower picks and then just started putting them together in a pleasing arrangement on my wreath.
I made a tulle bow and voila.
Here's how the finished product looks.
This is how it looks on the wall.
In our bedroom.
It was a fun project and I hope you like it as well.
From Murray,