Friday, July 29, 2011

TV ARMOIRE Re-do

Greetings again from Murray.

Today I'd like to show you a little project I completed a few weeks ago and I thought it turned out pretty good.
We purchased a smaller TV armoire for our family room and I decided to re-do the monstrosity that was my old one and put my crafting supplies in it.
I used the idea from the very talented folks at  allthingscrafty.com.
I'm sorry I forgot to take a before picture, but just imagine a bulky big cabinet in a light oak stain.
I started out and removed all the hardward and then primed  the entire piece with Kilz for latex paint.
After that dried I painted the entire piece with Valspar semi-gloss "Fabulous Red".  To get a real good coverage it took me about 3 coats.

After that completely dried, and believe me it took a while to get the tackiness dried as it is so humid and hot in Murray, KY  right now, I painted on a tintable glaze and wiped it off.  I think I glazed it twice for a better coverage.


I used Valspar glaze with a black tint that the dudes from Lowes mixed for me.
I spray painted the hardware black and placed them back on and put it back together.
I love it, what do you think? 
I'm so excited about the outcome that I have a dresser and headboard that I have deemed as my next project.
From Murray,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment