Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy 4th of July, 2011

Happy 4th of July.  It's been a while since I have posted.  Wow, really busy, but I wanted to share a few little things I did for the 4th. 
I  saw this in a magazine and it was pricey so I asked my dad to cut some wood out for me and here's my rendition of firecrackers on my mantle.





(sorry I couldn't get the picture to rotate after I downloaded it)

My dad spray painted them red, white and blue, then I sanded them lightly and he had previously drilled a hole for the rope (aka, the wick) and I glued the rope in.  Then I sprayed them with a satin polyurethane and tied raffia around each.  I love them, hope you do too.

Then I made my sons and daughter-in-laws a little surprise.  I took some canvases I had here and simply made a flag out of my granddaughter and grandson's hand and foot prints.
This one is of my granddaughter, Annie's prints.
This one is of Evan's prints.
Pretty cute, huh?
As always, hope you have a great day and a very happy 4th of July.  I am a very patriotic person and I love my country.
From Murray,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment